As the evening progressed, Shanna started feeling a little more anxious again. It's been so frustrating for her over the past few weeks, because she suffers from feelings that are so out of the ordinary for her. She's typically ultra laid-back, easy going, and pretty even keel, but to see her the past few weeks be so on-edge has been difficult. It's so nice when she gets those moments of calm and we can sit and chat about anything that comes to mind--that's truly one of the highlights of my day.
We were hoping to forgo the sleep-aid tonight, but as I mentioned earlier, the anxiety started creeping in again. At this point, we're trying hard to establish normal sleeping patterns (going to bed at a similar time and waking-up at a similar time), to help her body get back on track. I know it's been terrible for her to suffer through the night without being able to turn-off that amazing mind, and the sleep-aids are really just masking the problems to force her into a sleep stage (but never a deep sleep). Keep praying for us, particularly in this area. I can't help but believe that once we get sleep back to good, other things will fall into place.
THANKSGIVINGS
- The way Shanna tells a story. I love watching her facial features as she speaks. She's so expressive. It compliments her stunning looks so well.
- The way Syd can turn super, super sweet when she's tired. I love the fact that when she's really worn out, she'll just walk up to me, wrap her arms around me, and give me a hug.
- Pet stores that sell ridiculous things for my dog. Because making a pink faux fur coat for a poodle-mix would just be silly.
- Internet discusion boards. I check a handful everyday, host one, and am addicted to two: www.wichitaaquariumclub.com and www.wichitareefclub.org. I've learned a ton from fellow Wichitans with the same interest.
- Gift sacks. It sure beats wrapping a box.

No comments:
Post a Comment